We are smava - the online loan comparison platform. We provide transparency and fairness to our customers by delivering all the relevant data and information that allows them to act as empowered market participants. Our mission is disrupting financial services by digitalizing lending. We provide our customers with the fastest, most convenient, and most affordable personal credit solutions which fit their individual needs best. That is why we also have been awarded as Innovator 2018. All of that has been achieved thanks to more than 300 employees. Become a part of the smava-story now!
Head of UX (m/f)
The smava UX/Design Team works closely with the marketing department, product managers and developers in agile cross-functional teams to solve business problems through a deep understanding of the user needs and motivations. We use evolving user-centered methodologies to achieve the best outcomes and find great solutions for our customers. Individuals and teams in smava are given as much autonomy as possible so they can innovate quickly.
As the design leader you will take part in scaling up the team to support customer growth and satisfaction. You will contribute through knowledge sharing, presentations, events, recruiting and coaching of other designers. When you join us, you and your team will take part in educating your peers and maintaining a customer first approach to solve problems.
All in all, the tasks are to …
- Lead the design process including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling
- Manage the design team, be a hands-on player and coach to the team
- Inspire and mentor colleagues in marketing, product and engineering on user-centered design thinking
- Lead and participate in concept sessions and other design/product workshops
- Bring new ideas to the table and improve existing interfaces that our customers use daily
- Act as the customers representative, always orienting yourself to meeting the needs of the users and creating balance with smava’s business goals
- Communicate the product vision, design decisions and trade-offs to your team and other peers
- Work with marketing to develop the brand guideline for ads and online properties, as well as unify the interaction design and usability standards across all products
We would like to see your projects from various stages of the design process that illustrate your ability to:
- Deliver concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Translate complex product requirements into understandable product definition
- Ensure a consistent enterprise user experience
- Explain your ideas, designs and user experience best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate and inspire stakeholders and colleagues
- Communicate and present effectively
What we offer
- An exciting range of tasks in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- Onboarding support (e.g. visa sponsorship & accommodation)
- Paid education (e. g. trainings, workshops, conferences)
- Employer-funded pension
- Subsidized Lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Brown Bag Lunches, Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday, Mystery Lunch, Breakfast Club and team events
- Open communication & flat hierarchy allows fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (30+ nationalities)
Did we get your attention? Then we are looking forward receiving your application including:
- CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring
- In case you are not an EU citizen, we also need a copy of your academic degree & valid passport
- If you already have a Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit, please let us know
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.