We are smava, the online loan comparison platform. We are one of the three largest Fintech-employers in Germany. Our mission is to revolutionize the loans market by making it fair and transparent. smava finds the best loans for everyone: fast, convenient and cost effective. We are in the third stage of innovation in the finance industry: first ATM’s, then online-banking, now digital loans by smava! This is also why we were awarded as Innovator 2018. All of this was achieved thanks to more than 400 employees. Become a part of the smava-story now!
UX Designer – Freelancer (3-6 months) (m/f)
Are you looking for your next UX challenge? We are smava, one of the most successful German FinTech startups and we want to go to the next level. Now we are looking for someone who will support us in our Berlin office!
smava Design Team works closely with product managers, developers, business intelligence and web analytics in cross-functional teams. We discover new products and find best solutions on already existing ones, observing user behaviors and understanding their needs and motivations. The Design Team at smava is the advocate for User Centered Design, spreading this new mindset across the company.
The individuals and teams are given as much as autonomy as possible so they can innovate the design across the whole product quickly. Besides creating, learning and innovating you will actually have a lot of fun :)
Additionally to our own UX Design Team we would like to get some fresh air with your help as a UX Design freelancer. During this time you will be collaborating close with other designers, researchers, product owners and developer. Also you will design and deliver the best user experience to our customers, trying to convert their needs and pain points into new opportunities.
- Sketch ideas and designs and communicate them clearly to work mates
- Break down complex user journeys in simple wireframes to discuss them with all stakeholders
- Translate designs into ready-to-be-tested prototypes with users
- Understand user pain points and needs from user tests/research insights and KPIs tracking
- Be an advocate for user-centric mindset and spread it with your workmates
- Bring new fresh ideas and collaborate with workmates to improve user journeys and products
- Strive for bringing consistency on experience, usability, interactions and design patterns across products and devices
If you have at least 2 years of experience as a UX Designer, we would like to see your projects from various stages of the process to check your skills regarding:
- User Empathy
How your designs address user needs and desires
- Information Structure
How do you shape the content of your designs
- Wireframing & User Flows
How do you represent the hierarchy of elements in user interfaces and how these interfaces compose the path users go through
How do you test your designs
- Interaction Design
How do your designs communicate with users and devices
- Collaboration and Communication
How do you collaborate, for examples, with developers; How do you communicate what you designed and your ideas; How do you measure the “success” of your design/idea
Did we get your attention? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application including:
- CV, salary expectations and the earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.