We are smava, the online loan comparison platform. We are one of the three largest Fintech-employers in Germany. Our mission is to revolutionize the loans market by making it fair and transparent. smava finds the best loans for everyone: fast, convenient and cost effective. We are in the third stage of innovation in the finance industry: first ATM’s, then online-banking, now digital loans by smava! This is also why we were awarded as Innovator 2018. All of this was achieved thanks to almost 400 employees. Become a part of the smava-story now!
Product (UI) Designer (m/f)
Are you looking to step up your UI career? smava, one of the most successful German FinTech start-ups, wants to go to the next level and is looking for you!
smava Design Team works closely with product managers, developers, business intelligence and web analytics in cross-functional teams to discover new products and to find best solutions on already existing ones observing user behaviors and understanding their needs and motivations. smava Design Team is the advocate for User Centered Design, spreading this new mindset across the company.
The individuals and teams are given as much as autonomy as possible so they can innovate quickly. Besides creating, learning and innovating you will actually have a lot of fun at work :)
Here’s some skills you’re good at:
- You're very good at churning out great user interfaces and also tweak the existing ones
- With around 2+ years of experience in hand, you can create prototypes and interactions
- You take feedbacks with the right spirit and also give out constructive ones
- You can be the go-to/super sweet/helpful person who fosters collaboration with others
- You continuously improve the present for the future and also share great insights from your past
- You are the gatekeeper/Gandalf of great design. Nothing ok-ok shall pass you
- The future you is a leader and a mentor
- You are flexible in using the common design tools and even switching to a new one whenever needed
- You are a human being with the love for aesthetics
- You can have a good understanding of HTML and CSS
What will you do at smava?
smava Product Designers work closely with other designer peers, product managers and developers in strong, agile teams to provide solutions to business requirements through understanding user needs and motivations.
As an UI Designer you will take part on different projects and challenges, carrying out on a specific mission. When you join us, you will take part at our product’s cycle to improve it and to strengthen your skills by working in different areas. Your first challenge might be, for example:
- Optimizing designs and flows
- Evolving brand empowerment throughout our product
What we offer
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- Onboarding support (e.g. visa sponsorship & accommodation)
- Paid education (e. g. trainings, workshops, conferences)
- Employer-funded pension
- Subsidized Lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office
- Flexible working hours
- German courses
- Brown Bag Lunches, Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday, Mystery Lunch, Breakfast Club and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (30+ nationalities)
- Choice between Mac or Windows laptop
Did we get your attention? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application including:
- CV, salary expectations and the earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring
- In case you are not an EU citizen, we also need copies of your academic degree & valid passport
- If you already have a Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit, please let us know
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.