Become a part of the smava-story now!
Front-End is a big deal at smava. Our organization understands nurture and emphasize the role of FE as one of the core drivers of the overall product success.
We as engineers think about decoupling the UI development from the application layer. Pushing the business logic out of the Front-End and driving the Back-End architecture which can support scalability of the React environments.
The BFF (Back-End for Front-End) concept is a default mid-layer between our client apps and the Microservices which run in the background. It’s written in Node.js and is something you will contribute to as well. We try not to include the unnecessary 3rd party dependencies, while not reinventing the wheel all the time.
Being part of smava means… Being part of the community of passionate engineers who are either already at the expert level or are growing towards it. Our team consists of OSS contributors and maintainers, FE bloggers, musicians… we love what we do and managed to bring the fun into building the online loan comparison platform. Join us!
Our Front-End tech stack
- Universal rendering
- CSS-in-JS (Styled components) new stuff
- SCSS old stuff
- js (BFF)
- Taking part in the design and architecture processes
- Work closely with our UX/UI Team on the implementation of our Design System
- Developing the in-house built React reusable UI component library
- Follow a server-side rendering approach using Node.js
- Developing the BFF (Back-End For Front-End) as a “proxy on steroids” which we use to communicate with our Microservices
- Execute the release processes of the features you develop
- Being able to impact/shape the product
- A proven track record (at least 3 years) in development of performing user interfaces based on React or related frameworks or Node.js
- An understanding of user-centric thinking and ability to transfer into code
- Fluent spoken and written English (other languages would be considered as a plus)
Nice to have
- Experience with Backbone/Marionette
- Google Lighthouse
- Basic understanding of Back-End development (we are trying to create FE which is agnostic of business logic)
- The mindset we are looking for:
- Passion about Front-End development and programming in general
- Solution driven
- Thinking reusable
- Caring about writing proper tests (unit, integration...)
- Challenging others and open to be challenged (Open-minded)
- Able to communicate effectively
What we offer
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- Paid education (e.g. training, workshops, conferences)
- Employer-funded pension
- Subsidized Lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Brown Bag Lunches, Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday, Mystery Lunch and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (35+ nationalities)
Did we get your attention? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application including:
- CV, salary expectation and earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring
- In case you are not an EU citizen, we also need a copy of your academic degree & valid passport
- If you already have a Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit, please let us know
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.
We are smava, the online loan comparison platform. We are one of the three largest Fintech-employers in Germany. Our mission is to revolutionize the loans market by making it fair and transparent. smava finds the best loans for everyone: fast, convenient and cost-effective. We are in the third stage of innovation in the finance industry: first ATM’s, then online-banking, now digital loans by smava! This is also why we were awarded as Innovator 2018. All of this was achieved thanks to almost 500 employees.