Are you up for a successful grown-up start-up headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest fintech employers and has received several awards, including the price for Innovator 2019 and the Top Employer 2019. Our company grows by 80 % each year – become part of the smava story now! And let us grow together.
We are, smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
Join one of the most well-funded fintech companies in the field of B2C financial market as part our Data Science team! We got something to offer and move you to the next level.
Senior Data Scientist (m/f)
You will use smava’s rich data ecosystem to optimize decision making for the company’s most critical activities. We pride ourselves on using state-of-the-art algorithmic techniques and you will get to solve highly challenging problems, surrounded by a team of best in class data scientists.
- Build highly accurate credit worthiness models
- Build and maintain optimal matching algorithms between customers and banks using R or Python
- Build and maintain next best action algorithms for our sales team
- Write production grade code and deploy it yourself
- PhD in the area of statistics, mathematics, physics, economics, computer science or similar fields
- At least 2 years of work experience using machine learning in real world applications
- Good knowledge of R and Python, proficiency in one of them
- Proven track record in deploying machine learning algorithms in R or Python
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and their subtleties
- Expert knowledge of the most commonly used ML libraries in R or Python
- Very good knowledge of SQL
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear and precise manner to stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies like Apache Spark, AWS Glue and NoSQL databases
- Experience deploying reinforcement learning systems
- Experience deploying natural language processing systems
What we offer
- Data science team with a very strong research mentality yet focused on fast and agile execution to achieve business impact
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- A personal budget for personal education and training
- Employer-funded pension
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- Subsidized lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office (e.g. Urban Sports)
- Flexible working hours
- Free German course
- Brown Bag Lunches, Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (35+ nationalities)
We are looking forward receiving your application including:
- CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date addressed to Michal Szafraniec (030/6174800-14)
- In case you are not an EU citizen,
- We also need a copy of your academic degree, valid passport and residence permit (e.g. Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit) - if you already have one
Note that it will not proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.