Are you up for a successful “Grown-Up” startup headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest FinTech employers and has received several awards, including the price for Innovator 2019 and the Top Employer 2019. Our company grows by 80% each year – become part of the smava story now! And let us grow together.
We are smava – the online credit comparison platform. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
Senior Frontend ReactJS Developer (m/f)
Frontend is a big deal at smava. Our organization understands nurture and emphasizes the role of Frontend as one of the core drivers of the overall product success. We as engineers think about decoupling the UI development from the application layer, pushing the business logic out of the Frontend and driving the Backend architecture, which can support scalability of the React environments.
The BFF (Back-end for Frontend) concept is a default mid-layer between our client apps and the Microservices which run in the background. It’s written in Node.js and is something you will contribute to as well. We try not to include the unnecessary 3rd party dependencies, while not reinventing the wheel all the time.
Being part of smava means... Being part of the community of passionate engineers who are either already at the expert level or are growing towards it. Our team consists of OSS contributors and maintainers, frontend bloggers, musicians... we love what we do and manage to bring the fun into building the online loan comparison platform. Join us!
Our Frontend tech stack
- Universal rendering
- CSS-in-JS (Styled components) new stuff
- SCSS old stuff
- Node.js (BFF)
- Work closely with our UX/UI Team on the implementation of our Design System
- Contribute to smava in-house projects such as UI-library, tracking system, build tools, sharable components, NPM packages we maintain
- Develop secure, fast, and scalable BFF applications for communicating between our smava-cloud and our frontend applications.
- Execute the release processes of the features you develop
- Support the full lifecycle of the software components you work on, from ideation to development, to release, and support in production.
- Vanilla JS, React, Redux, Browser APIs, TDD, SSR
- An eye for UX, ability to communicate across design, product, and engineering domains
- Fluent spoken and written English (other languages would be considered as a plus)
Nice to have
- REST/ GraphQL API development
- Common build tools (Webpack, Parcel, Rollup) and CLI development
- Passion about frontend development and programming in general
- Thinking reusable
- Caring about writing proper tests (unit, integration...)
- Challenging others and open to be challenged (open-minded)
- Able to communicate effectively
What we offer
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- A personal budget for personal education and training
- Employer-funded pension
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- Subsidized lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office (e.g. Urban Sports, John Reed, McFit, Superfit)
- Flexible working hours
- Free German classes
- Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (40+ nationalities)
Then apply online via the application button as: "Senior Frontend ReactJS Developer”. All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Aleksandra Brodawka (030 - 617 48 0014)
In case you are not an EU citizen
- We also need a copy of your academic degree, valid passport and residence permit (e.g. Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit) - if you already have one
Note that it will not proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.