Are you up for a successful grown-up start-up headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest fintech employers and has received several awards, including the price for Innovator 2019 and the Top Employer 2019. Our company grows by 80 % each year – become part of the smava story now! And let us grow together.
We are smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
Join one of the most well-funded fintech companies in the field of B2C financial market as part of our Platform Engineering Team. Information security, risk management, identity and access management are more than just buzzwords to you? Perfect! We got something to offer and move you to the next level.
IT Security Specialist (m/f)
The smava’s Platform Engineering Team is building a Platform Infrastructure on top of a public cloud for our 100+ software engineers, and we’re looking for an experienced IT Security Professional to help us make security a core pillar of our engineering practice.
This person will better assure our data at rest, data in transit, and make sure authentication and authorization exceed industry standards. You will also be responsible to instil a security mindset across our enterprise.
You will join a team lead by our heavily experienced VP of Platform who took part in one of the most successful Europe’s leading eCommerce platforms before!
- Maintain inventory and risk models of all data-at-rest and in-transit at smava
- Perform internal audits for information security
- Have an up to date overview of all technical access related things
- Write a security concept for smava, implement, and assure its execution
- Coordinate all efforts related to obtaining IT security-related certifications
- Assure network and edge-facing services are secured, monitored, and audited
- Knowledge of security, risk and control frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001 and 27002, SANS-CAG, NIST, FISMA, COBIT, COSO and ITIL
- Thorough understanding of GDPR
- Identity Management and Access Management, including Active Directory
- Internal and external audit experience
- Professional certifications such as: CIA, CFE, CISA, CRISC, CPA, CA, CISSP, CCSP, CISRM, CISM, Security+, CCNA, CEH etc.
- Knowledge of database systems, including PostgreSQL
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technology (AWS)
- Knowledge of networking topologies and technologies, including WAF and intrusion detection
- Fluent English language, German is a plus
- Continuously strives for self-improvement and learning
- Tech-savvy with business understanding
- Active listener
- Technical Coach
- Structured, analytical and solution-oriented thinking
What we offer
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- A personal budget for personal education and training
- Employer-funded pension
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- Subsidized lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office (e.g. Urban Sports, John Reed, McFit, Superfit)
- Flexible working hours
- Free German classes
- Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (40+ nationalities)
Then apply online via the application button as an “IT Security Specialist”. All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Katerina Arsova (030 - 617 48 0014)
In case you are not an EU citizen,
- We also need a copy of your academic degree, valid passport and residence permit (e.g. Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit) - if you already have one
Note that it will not proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.