Are you up for a successful “grown-up” startup headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest FinTech employers and has received several awards, including the price for Innovator 2019 and the Top Employer 2019. Our company grows by 80% each year – become part of the smava story now! And let us grow together.
We are smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
Join one of the most well-funded FinTech companies in the field of B2C financial market as part of our Tech team. Java, Spring, microservices, APIs and Machine Learning are more than just buzzwords to you? Perfect! We got something to offer and move you to the next level.
We are looking for you as a:
Tech Lead/Staff Engineer – FinTech APIs integration (m/f)
smava’s Software Engineering department unites several technical teams responsible for the development of a different area of our platform. As a Tech Lead/Staff Engineer, you will have an opportunity to shape the Bank API Team. This Team is working the closest to our Business Partners, which are the biggest banks in Europe. smava's and its partners' entire traffic from their entry points is directed here to the heart of the system.
Our challenges are, above all, effectively reacting on product, interfaces and load changes. By introducing the latest technology, we start building extremely efficient - even on high load - Engine. By working in as cross-functional teams together with Data Science, Product, Platform, Business Analytics, Financial Cooperation, Sales and Data Warehouse we make the best use of data and science.
- Lead a team of engineers with the mindset of a servant-leader (meetings, retrospectives, 1on1, feedback sessions, supporting issues, helping the team members, coaching, mentoring, doing tech staff and coding at the same time). Can have all 9 people as direct reports, or have 2 Team Leads as direct reports, will depend on this person to chose for himself/herself
- Identify plan and ensure joyful releases and production life of your components
- Define the architectural vision of your components and integrate it with the smava infrastructure
- Bridge the business strategy with the technical roadmap
- Drive technical excellence and engineering best practices
- Communicate technical concepts to the team and the stakeholders
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of development in Java
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Work in an agile team
- Good overview of technologies in the Java ecosystem
- Experience in building and maintaining microservices
- Good communication skills
- Experience in technical leadership of 2-4 team members colleagues
- Fintech domain knowledge and experience
- Hands-on experience working with CI/CD tools
- Experience with integrating 3rd party services (preferably banks)
- Fluent German
- DevOps experience (on-premise and cloud infrastructure)
- Java 8
- Spring (Boot 2.x, Cloud, Security)
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- PostgreSQL, Redis
What we offer
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- A personal budget for personal education and training
- Employer-funded pension
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- Subsidized lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office (e.g. Urban Sports, John Reed, McFit, Superfit)
- Flexible working hours
- Free German classes
- Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (40+ nationalities)
Then apply online via the application button as Tech Lead/Staff Engineer – FinTech APIs integration (m/f). All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Katerina Arsova (030 - 617 48 0014)
In case you are not an EU citizen,
- We also need a copy of your academic degree, valid passport and residence permit (e.g. Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit) - if you already have one
Note that it will not proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.